I don’t often do recipes that are difficult to do without Pampered Chef kit, but this is divine. If you don’t have the Rockcrok™ Everyday Pan then you’ll need a dish that can go in the microwave and then under the grill. (or get yourself one 😉 )
30g Plain Chocolate Chips
175g Light Soft Brown Sugar
150g Self-raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
25g Cocoa Powder
100g Butter, Melted and Slightly Cooled
100ml Semi-skimmed Milk
300g regular-sized marshmallows or 100g mini marshmallows (1-cm size)*
2 digestive biscuits, roughly crumbled.
1. Pop the chocolate chips in a small prep bowl in the microwave in 20 second blasts until 3/4 melted, then stir until completely melted. Set aside
2. Place dry ingredients (excluding digestives) in large mixing bowl and combine well. Whisk cooled butter, milk and eggs together in a small bowl until well combined.
3. Pour egg mixture into the flour mixture; whisking together until smooth. Pour cake mix into Rockcrok™ Everyday Pan. Cook in the microwave on HIGH for 5-6 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
4. Preheat the grill. Cover the microwaved sponge with a marshmallows in a single layer. Pop under the hot grill until the marshmallows are toasted golden brown. This usually takes less than a minute so keep an eye on it!!
5. Place the Rockcrok™ onto a heatproof mat and sprinkle the digestives over the marshmallow layer. Drizzle the chocolate (set aside in stage 1!) over the top
*The quantity of marshmallow reflects the depth of the marshmallow topping on the cake. 100g of mini marshmallows will cover the cake but will be a very thin layer. 300g of standard marshmallows is big and fluffy and yum!!
If you have a small microwave that doesn’t accommodate your Rockcrok™ you can bake the sponge in the oven, 190ºC/fan 170ºC/Gas 5 for 35-40 mins, then carry on as written.
This is one of the recipes supplied by The Pampered Chef® with the Everyday Pan. Directions are my own.