Another of my show recipes. I frequently do this recipe at coffee morning / brunch shows but it’s equally delicious as a partner to a savoury recipe at a station show. I love this, the crisp apples and the caramel top and the crunchy nut base are all delicious.
175 g pecans or walnuts
1/2 a cup light soft brown sugar
25 g plain flour
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 packets (240g each) fresh ready to bake dough for 6 croissants
1 large Granny Smiths apple
3-4 tablespoons caramel or toffee flavoured dessert sauce or maple syrup.
1. Preheat oven to 190?C/ Gas 5. Finely chop pecans using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine pecans and sugar; mix well with Small Mix ‘N Scraper. Set aside 40g of pecan mixture. Add flour to remaining pecan mixture; mix well. Add egg
and vanilla; mix until well blended. Set filling aside.
2. Unroll dough and separate into 12 triangles. Arrange in a circle on Medium Round Stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the centre and pointed ends towards the outside (there should be about 13cm opening in centre of Stone). Gently
press edges where they meet to seal. Spoon pecan filling evenly onto widest end of each dough triangle.
3. Cut apple in half using Utility Knife, remove core using Cooks Corer. Place apple halves on Cutting Board, cut sides down. Use Crinkle Cutter to cut each apple half cross-wise into 5 mm slices (or you could use the simple slicer on setting 3). Arrange apple slices over filling in a circular pattern.
4. Sprinkle reserved pecan mixture evenly over apples. Bring outside points of dough triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends in the centre (filling should not be completely covered). Place Baking Stone in Classic and Rectangle Rack.
5. Bake 22-25 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Drizzle with dessert sauce. Cut into portions using Pizza Cutter. Serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula.