This is one of my festive show recipes. I LOVE doing this recipe, so I have to limit it to my November and December shows or I’d eat it all year round! It’s really simple so perfect to have ready to sling in the oven when friends are on their way. This truly is a recipe that only works on stoneware. If you try doing this on a metal sheet pan you’ll find the camembert has melted so quickly it’s impossible to contain.
1 small eating apple
25g almonds or walnuts
25g dried cranberries
1 tbsp light soft brown sugar
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
15g butter, melted
1 round (250g) Camembert cheese (about 10cm/4″ diameter)
1 french stick
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
2. Wedge the apple and remove the core using the apple wedger. Coarsley chop apple and nuts with the Food Chopper.
3. Combine apple, nuts, cranberries, soft brown sugar and cinnamon in Classic Batter Bowl; mix gently.
4. Stir in melted butter until ingredients are coated with the melted butter.
5. Cut Camembert in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Camembert on Medium Round Stone with Handles. Spoon half of apple mixture
onto bottom half of Camembert, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Camembert, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top.
6. Slice the french stick on the diagonal and arrange around the camembert and spritz with oil.
7. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes or until cheese has softened and just beginning to melt.
Starter, Show Recipes, Gluten Free
Party food, Cheese, buffet food.