This is something I’ve been cooking up varieties of for a couple of years now, I don’t think it’s the same dish twice! Kind of like a cassoulet, it’s called cassoul-ish in our house. Perfect for cold winter’s evenings and even better in our new RockCrok I hope you love it too.
3 tbsp olive oil
4 pork loin steaks
1 large onion, sliced
1 tin ratatouille
1 tin tomatoes
1 tin butter beans, drained
1. Preheat oven to 180oc / Gas 6
2. Brown pork steaks on both sides in the olive oil over a medium heat then remove them from the pan.
3. Add the onion, sliced, then allow to brown.
4. Transfer onion and pork to an oven proof dish with a lid in required then add in the ratatouille, tomatoes and butter beans.
5. Place in the oven for 45 minutes.
Remove and serve!