Another recipe from my friend Charlie, she made these with a soft orange juice icing, but as I didn’t have time for these to cool an ice, I did an orange drizzle topping on them and they were delicious! I made them for a Pampered Chef team meeting, and made them from start to finish in 30 mins, not including kitchen clear up!
110g Butter – softened
110g Caster sugar
110g Self-raising flour
½tsp baking powder
1tbsp Marmalade fine cut variety
1 orange zested, and juiced (keeping 1/2 for drizzle)
Juice of 1/2 orange
150g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C / Gas 4. Place a case into each well of the 12-cup Muffin stone.
2. Use the Small Mix ‘n Scraper to cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy in 4L Stainless Mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time with a little flour, using Small Mix n’ Scraper.
3. Using the small Adjustable Measuring Spoon measure ½tsp baking powder, add to the flour, and then fold this into the mixture a third at a time.
4. Use Adjustable Measuring Spoon to measure 1 tbsp of marmalade, add to mixture.
5. Zest Orange using Microplane Adjustable Fine Grater. Cut orange in half using Forged 13-cm Utility knife. Juice 1 half into 250-ml Prep bowl. Add Orange zest and juice into cake mixture. Spoon mixture into paper cases using the Large Stainless Scoop.
6. Juice the second orange half into 250-ml prep bowl using Citrus Press, measure 1-2tbsp using Adjustable Measuring Spoon. icing sugar and orange juice together
7. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until springy to the touch and a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool on Stackable Cooling Rack. As muffins are cooling ice by drizzling icing onto onto each.