LittleMissPbK and I did some baking this weekend, and I’ve been wanting to try this recipe for AGES. Delicious, simple and pretty these were lots of fun to make. This is from the current Season’s Best Pampered Chef cookbook. LittleMissPbK thinks they look like flowers!
60g Salted Butter, softened
30g Light Soft Brown Sugar
100g Self-Raising Flour
1 Egg Yolk
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
40g Dairy Toffees (about 5 toffees)
Icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan/gas 4.
2. Place the sugar and butter into the Manual Food Processor and blitz until a creamy smooth consistency has been reached, then add the flour, vanilla and egg, pulsing until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Remove the lid and blade of the MFP, and then press the dough together by hand to form a ball. Tip it onto a floured surface and divide into 16 pieces of the same size. Using your hand roll each dough piece into a ball.
4. Place the balls of dough onto the medium round stone, allowing a little space to spread. In the centre of each dough ball, press down to make a dent with your thumb. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies are pale and golden in colour
5. While the cookies are baking place the toffees in a prep bowl. Put in the microwave on high for 30-40 seconds, uncovered, until the toffees are almost melted. Stir well until the toffees finish melting and the caramel is smooth.
6. Take the cookies from the oven and place the hot stone onto a cooling rack. Fill the wells in the cookies and allow to cool until ready to handle.
7. Dust with icing sugar, and serve, warm or cold.
© 2014 The Pampered Chef used under license.